Dalhousie (2036 m) is a hill station full of colonial charm that holds lingering echoes of the Raj. Spread out over the five hills (Kathlog, Potreys, Tehra, Bakrota and Balun) the town is named after the 19th century British Governer General Lord Dalhousie. Dalhousie was popular with the British Army personnel in 1860's. Dalhousie's varying altitude shades it with a variety of vegetation that includes stately grooves of pines, deodars, oaks and flowering rhododendrowns. Rich in colonial architecture, the Dalhousie preserves some beautiful churches. St. John church is the oldest one built in 1863, St. Francis was built in 1894, St. Andrew in 1903 and St. Patric in 1909. Dalhousie is 28 km via Khajjiar from Chamba and 102km from popular tourist place Bharmour Dalhousie has many beautiful places to see including kalatop wildlife sanctuary.